Custom Field Settings [VIDEO SERIES]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Field Settings [VIDEO SERIES]

So, after my first vid I've had some questions about field settings and thought I'd do a series of vids.
    The first question from DVDDD was about short pitched bowling and how to set a field for it.
    Bodyline can work, so can wide and short. It's risky as it tends to open up more of the field for run scoring. But here's a vid anyway (sorry for the quality)

Fields For Short Pitched Bowling

Scritty
    Last edited by Scritty; 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM.
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
    So, after my first vid I've had some questions about field settings and thought I'd do a series of vids.
    The first question from DVDDD was about short pitched bowling and how to set a field for it.
    Bodyline can work, so can wide and short. It's risky as it tends to open up more of the field for run scoring. But here's a vid anyway (sorry for the quality)

Fields For Short Pitched Bowling

Scritty
    No apology required Scritty .. just what I meant - you've captured it really well

From what I've seen here if I adopt a more thorough approach to fielding I could look to shave quite a few runs off what I am already conceding.

With your original video you used (I think !!) some full length/yorker deliveries - "full and straight" I think you called it.

At what point would you go with the middle option of I guess a "normal" length ?

Feel like I need to completely revisit my tactics here .. but then again tactics that worked on 2011 don't seem to work on 2012

Comment

Have just tried custom settings in the field for the first time in ICC2012

Restricted the oppo to 163 from 20 overs - a vast improvement on my earlier attempts ... Especially pleased with the total as my penultimate over went for 23 !!

My 3 spinners went for a combined total of 59 off 12 overs so my seamers got taken to the cleaners !!

Just wanted to thank Scritty for taking the time to do this and other videos for us

Q for the devs - will all custom fields map across to the iPhone game once it comes out in a few weeks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
        My 3 spinners went for a combined total of 59 off 12 overs so my seamers got taken to the cleaners !!
        I've found spinners to be the most important thing in ICC12 in one day and T20 matches... I never go in without 2 frontline spinners, and usually a part-timer as well. In the county game I'm doing averagely at T20, but I win nearly all my CB40 matches!

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
          I've found spinners to be the most important thing in ICC12 in one day and T20 matches... I never go in without 2 frontline spinners, and usually a part-timer as well. In the county game I'm doing averagely at T20, but I win nearly all my CB40 matches!
          I think I went to the nth degree when I played with Australia and for my first 20/20 game the only non bowler was the keeper !

Seam - Nannes, Tait, Johnson & Watson
          Spin - OS : Maxwell & North, LS : Smith & White, SLA : O'Keefe & Voges

Think you have to assume that at least 2 of your bowlers will simply get hit for 10 an over - and therefore out of yout attack - so having a plan B (and C, D, E & F !!) does come in handy

Part time bowlers seem to crop up with key wickets don't they !!

Comment

Just playing last years game on the iPhone and managed my best spell in 20/20
            S. O'Keefe (SLA) 4-1-10-2
            Got hit for a boundary of his 4th over so could have got even less than the 2.5 econ that he finished with

Custom Fielding .... Should have tried it years ago

Comment

Working...
            X