One day internationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One day internationals

Hi, I can't win any ODI's at all. Everytime I put a batsman on more than 3 attack bars they get out straight away. At the end of an innings my batsmen will get out within an over as I'll put them on high aggression in the final overs. This happens regardless of the quality of the batsman, even people like Pieterson are out straight away in the final five overs. I even lost against Zimbabwe in the series cos my batsmen were so poor. I beat everyone in the tests but in ODI's my batters are terrible. If i keep them low from the start I make around 120-2 after 40 overs then I'm all out for less than 200 inside 50 overs it's totally ridiculous. And to add to that when the opposition bat they race along at 6 an over. What do other people do?

Same here. It annoys me at lot - so I have started to skip ODIs and just play test.

Comment

I've always loved one dayers, and I do ok by starting everyone on 5 aggression bars... and keeping them there...

Comment

I always determine aggression based on batsman ability, match situation and opposition ability, but generally I have some success by building up through the 3rd bar (normal) or 4th (one aggressive bar), then when they're a bit settled I bump it up to two or even three aggressive bars if they're good enough. In ODIs I only go very aggressive in the last 10-15 overs when a batsman is very settled or in the last 5 or so overs for anyone if I'm just trying to get a good total.

You'll adjust eventually, it just takes time often.

Comment

same problem with me. I am very good in first class and in T20 but not satisfied with my One day performance.
          Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Just to that last comment, about domestic one-day matches, here is the most recent one I played and my strategy:-

Right, that's kind of a normal type of result for me. If I can win the toss, I bowl first. My bowlers are not amazingly good. I generally manage 3 good bowlers, 1 overseas, 1 spin and 1 quick, and then add two other quicks, with one as an allrounder. In this Sussex side, White is the overseas, Tate the other good spinner and du preez the good quick. R Cleef and L Wright were the other bowlers.

Bowling:-

I just bowl in 5 over spells for each player. Simple but effective. Cleef and Du Preez bowl 10 between them, the Wright and White, then Tate and White, then Tate and Wright, then Cleef and Du Preez again.

Batting:-

I start my two openers on 5 bars, as with everone else. The key is to have a long batting line-up with 2 all-rounders and a decent wicketkeeper/batsman. My keeper, Madden, bats at 3 as he can then inject some impotus into the innings. When a player gets to fifty, I put him at 6 bars. A few players may fall early, but if they get in they play quickly and can easily demolish a 300 total. In this innings here I was going at more than 6.5 runs an over, and as you can see, the biggest scores are scoring at over a run a ball. I do not have great players. They are good, yes, but not good enough to win this much. Here is my record in the last few seasons. P.S:- I hated T20 until2 seasons ago :P

Comment

tip for you dont tell any one else

first if you win toss the always bowl first then while battin try your batsmans aggresiion to 3 bar till require run rate reach 6 an over then push the bar you will win 8/10 at least my recrod for you batting 1st win 3 lost 11 batting 2nd win 19 lost 2 good luck you needed

Comment

I was doing quite crap at one dayers to the point where I didnt even bother to play them (Id skip them)...however since doing the following I've now won the world cup after 20 years trying and am ranked 1st in the world (ranked 1 for test matches too).

I have 4 batters plus the keeper and then the rest are all rounders. I start the openers on 5 bars and let them go for broke, each of the top order batters and the wicket keeper will also come in at 5 bars.

Generally this works really well, if Im losing wickets Im not too worried because Ill be averaging 6,7,8 runs an over so can throttle back to 3 bars and let the all rounders rebuild the innings and then the last 10-15 overs Ill ramp it back up to 5 or more bars.

For the bowling I leave the bowlers at 3 bars, and if they start going for runs Ill go very defensive on the hitter and leave the other batter at three bars. If runs are still flowing then Ill change bowler.

Generally though one of my opening bowlers will take one or two wickets in his first 5 over spell. If thats the case then Ill bowl that bowler right through and change the other opening bowler after 5 overs.

As an aside, Ill use the same bowling aggression in test matches too. Run at three bars for the majority of the innings only ramping up once Ive got 6 or 7 wickets.

This has probably won me around 90% of my games batting first or second.

Now, because Im winning, Im quite enjoying one dayers

Mailman

Comment

Not a big task if u understand the game of cricket

I am doing well in all formats of the game.
                  In One day matches I prefer to bat first and usually play normal for first 4/5 overs and then starts playing aggressively till the 32nd over and till that time if I have wickets in hand then I play like T20 and is always successful to post a big total like 340 or 320 at least.
                  If u have big total on the and u have good bowling attack u can win easily with a big margin.

I have 100% record in One day matches.
                  You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

i personally find its better to bowl 1st in my 1 day games tho occasionaly the conditions make me go different. i start my batsmen on 4 bars and move them to 5 bars when they are 50% settled. when u should go all out attack depends on several factors including your teams ability, what score you are chasing / setting, pitch conditions, how many wickets you have left, current required run rate etc.

if you do bat 1st think about what sort of score you want to set. sometimes 200 is a big score to get even in a 50 over game.

Comment

wow

helloz peeps, i'm frm sa n when it comes to icc08 i'm lyk a king, i've played international and county, my international record is = never lost a match and i'm nw in the year 2012. odi secret line up is take 4 batsmen 2 openerz n 2 middle order, 2 spinnerz, 3 seamers, wicket keeper than ur all rounder. if u win da toss bowl first. when its time 2 chase start ur batsman at level five agression. n always keep it there, i always chase anythin over 250 in 40 overs max, and anythin under that in bout 30 overs good luk, when i get an internet connection then i'll come n shut these guys mouths in internet games. peace
                      3 year n-hole no defeats since icc06 , who's next?huh

Comment

Working...
                      X